Re: [ksurfschool] Lite Air

  • paul menta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2000
      first thing i have found with these kites is when the wind gets lite and the
      kite is floating in the water,i turn the bar hard in one direction and then
      the other way to see which side of the window has better pull.when i find
      this out, i bring the kite to that side[some times in lite winds i put a
      twist in the line,spin the bar] and just before i get to where the pull
      starts i swim towards the kite so it will fall backwards a bit,as the kite
      now starts to roll to launch,pull on the top line to get it up in the air
      AND TRY TO DRIVE IT UP ON AN ANGLE TO THE OTHER SIDE,your angle is important
      in lite winds,to much it stalls,just enough and the angle helps build some
      speed to get it up high. when you launch it too far to the edge of the
      window in lite air,it just runs out of power at the edge and dies.

      hope that helps paul