Re: Long Reaches are not necessary with a bidirectional or wakeboard

  • fernmanus@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2001
      Hung,

      You are right, the guys with a windsurfing background like those long
      reaches. I just wanted to point out that long reaches are not
      necessary on a kiteboard, especially a bidirectional. You are also
      right about creative jibes on a bidirectional or wakeboard. There
      are tons of cool jibes that you can do to add style. The kite
      surfing videos show so many variations.

      Another fun thing to do is to go upwind and then do long downwind
      reaches carving from toe to heelside. Of course, this is a lot more
      fun if you have some waves to ride.

      I guess what I am trying to say is that kite surfing is so much more
      flexible than windsurfing. You can ride near the shore and do
      multiple jibes, carves, etc. You don't have to just go back and
      forth on your heelside.

      Kenny