[ksurfschool] Lite Air

  • matthias.unger@unger-partner.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2000
      Hi Rigbig,
      it seems to be a size-problem. If you had to pump your kite to launch, the
      kite is to small for the actual windforce. You have to take a bigger kite.
      regards
      Matthias

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2000
        first thing i have found with these kites is when the wind gets lite and the
        kite is floating in the water,i turn the bar hard in one direction and then
        the other way to see which side of the window has better pull.when i find
        this out, i bring the kite to that side[some times in lite winds i put a
        twist in the line,spin the bar] and just before i get to where the pull
        starts i swim towards the kite so it will fall backwards a bit,as the kite
        now starts to roll to launch,pull on the top line to get it up in the air
        AND TRY TO DRIVE IT UP ON AN ANGLE TO THE OTHER SIDE,your angle is important
        in lite winds,to much it stalls,just enough and the angle helps build some
        speed to get it up high. when you launch it too far to the edge of the
        window in lite air,it just runs out of power at the edge and dies.

        hope that helps paul