Newer kite mis-conceptions
- Just some notes about newer kites I noticed while thinking about
upgrading my AR5s:
"newer kites are always better for you":
- Some foil flyers I talked to frequently prefer some older foils over
the newer ones.
- My 3 year old XXXL is still my favorite light wind kite.
- My 3 year old Wipika Classic 3.5 is still my favorite high wind kite.
"newer kites are always lighter":
- My AR5s are not lighter than my Wipika Classics
- According to published specs, some newer generation of inflatables
are heavier than the AR5s.
- My 3 year old XXXL is still the lightest kite (per projected square
surface) I use
- It's OK to use older kites (I went upwind and jumped on the Wipika
Classic 5.0 before upgrading to AR5 5.5)
- It's OK to buy newer kites, just make sure you fully understand WHY a
newer kite is better for YOU.