What size Bar for Naish 15.5

  • J. Sommerset
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29 10:16 PM
      Naish ARX 15.5 comes with a 24" bar, but that seems a bit small?
      Anyone out there can tell me what size bar works best with this kite?
      I was thinking of using an Air Rush Bar instead...

      Many thanks.
    • Mel
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30 12:07 AM
        J. Sommerset <jasonsommerset@...> wrote:

        > What is the best bar length for this kite? The stock 24" seems too
        > short, anyone else have an opinion, I was thinking of switching to
        > Air Rush, but which size is best?

        Maybe try the power booster bridle first. That makes it turn like a longer
        bar.

        I recently learned there are two parts to the Naish add-on bridle: one that
        makes it turn tighter (that will fit right on any 4-line inflatable), &
        another for reverse launch (which requires fittings on the back of the rib
        bladder casings).

        Mel
      • fernmanus@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30 7:50 AM
          A 24" bar should be adequate if you are powered up and don't have to
          sine the kite. However, if winds are light a 31" bar comes in
          handy. Toss that lame Naish control bar and use AirRush instead.
          The design is far better. The only problem you may run into is
          finding a 31" AirRush bar right now. AirRush is redesigning the bar
          and most dealers I checked with are out of stock.

          Kenny

          --- In ksurfschool@y..., "J. Sommerset" <jasommerset@y...> wrote:
          > Naish ARX 15.5 comes with a 24" bar, but that seems a bit small?
          > Anyone out there can tell me what size bar works best with this
          kite?
          > I was thinking of using an Air Rush Bar instead...
          >
          > Many thanks.
        • frederic dujardin
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30 12:52 PM
            Hi ,
            I'm planing to buy a big kite for light wind .
            Can someone who knows the airblast 16.4 tell me if this kite is
            not good in light wind ( 7kt to 10kt) ?
            Many people here in france say that this kite was designed for heavy people
            who want a wind range similar to the 11.8 .
            Many thanks !

            --
            <fdujardin@...>
          • J. Sommerset
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30 4:32 PM
              Thanks Kenny, that is what I suspected...I agree the AirRush looks
              like it is the way to go, I will start my search for a 31"...

              -Jason

            • fernmanus@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2001
                I use the 16.4 in 7 to 13 knots. I weigh 80kg. I use a long (181
                cm) bidirectional board in 7 - 9 knots and a 142 cm wakeboard in 10 -
                13. The 16.4 is an excellent kite in this wind range.

                Kenny