RE: [ksurfschool] High performance water foils is it for me ?

  • Greg Finlay
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2001
      Hi Claude,

      I'm a rank beginner, having only time so far this summer to get body
      dragging on my Concept Air New Wave 6, I also tried the JoJo Wet 8 (I think
      it was) at the Wasaga Beach Demo Day.
      I was impressed with the control of the JoJo and their depowering bridle
      arrangement. It works really well! The general flying and relaunching
      qualities seemed about the same or slightly better than the New Wave, but
      again, I don't have a lot of experience. I did email Concept Air on
      "improving" their depowering bridle arrangement, but they haven't responded.
      Using the longer bar from the NW12 on the NW6 really improved the turning
      response (after the brake line broke on the 6, YIKEES!!!) Had I flown the
      JoJo Wet before I bought a New Wave 12, I likely would have bought the
      largest JoJo Wet model and may yet do so for it's better (IMHO) depowering
      arrangement. The 12 seems like a BIG kite, so I'm a little nervous about
      flying it if the wind should suddenly pick up. (Old&Chicken beginner here
      (;^)

      I watched the Rage10 fly and it is a sight to behold. I may hold off buying
      something between the NW 6 and 12 that I currently have until my skill
      improves for that one.

      Cheers,
      Greg