RE: [ksurfschool] De-power on JOJO kites

  • David Stanek
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2001
      The de-power on JOJO Rage and WET does not "raise the tips" - it pulls down
      middle part (approx accross 4 feet section on WET 6.0)of the kite. This
      adjustment will change the projected surface area and cause the air to spill
      through this section without producing any lift = 20-30% power decrease.
      Angle of attack/upwind performance and handling is the same - kite does not
      have more tendency to overshoot, it is easy to keep it in the zone etc...
      De-power system from JOJO fits all bars, is fully adjustable and can be
      locked/released by one single move of hand.. Simply put - it works well.
      David

      >Hung wrote:
      JoJo Rage:
      - Use bar with a depower system (which I have never tried) to raise the
      tips of the kite like a bird flapping its wings

      There are much more. Ask the manufacturers for more details.

      P.S., Winter wind are much stronger than the summer and you normally
      need smaller kite for snow/ice. what this mean is that your super light
      wind kite is of little use in the winter. The best kites for winter are
      high performance foils 5 - 8 m2 range.

      Hung.