RE: [ksurfschool] Ogden Trip

  • Farnsworth, Kenny
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2000
      Kevin,

      It depends on how well you can sail upwind when July rolls around.  If you can really sail upwind the Great Salt Lake has good winds.  I have not sailed there yet because I don't want to get blown half way across the lake.

      There are a lot of small lakes and reservoirs that are well suited for Kitesurfing.  Pineview reservoir is near Ogden and may work well for you.

      If you are planning on kitesurfing, bring your own rig.  There are no rentals available in Utah.

      If you like to mountain bike, July is a perfect time to come to Utah.  The mountain trails will be perfect.  I personally prefer the alpine trails around Salt Lake and Ogden to Moab (Mecca of mountain biking).