Re: [ksurfschool] 181 Litewave Board Review - Best Board for Beginners/Light wind

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2001
      fernmanus@... wrote:
      > Okay, I made a brash statement, but I feel that the new 181 Litewave
      > is the best bidirectional board for beginners. I would have started
      > on a big bidirectional board if one were available when I was
      > learning. I do not work in the kite board industry. I bought a
      > Litewave with my own money.

      Sounds like the Litewave 181 is one of the best beginner/light wind
      boards; however, larger directionals are best for learning/light wind
      too.

      I am 125 lb. and learned on a FOne 230 (230 cm long - read very large)
      board. If you read my log, there was a time I wished that I had had a
      board with even a larger volume.

      I used the FOne 230 until I can jibe, go up wind and jump.

      I still keep and use my FOne 230 (a piece of history which I value a lot
      - the 83th kiteboard in the world!) today in light wind days when I want
      to go fast (not slogging around with my Clam Sandwich or wake board).

      Larger directional or bidirectional boards should be both good for
      learning/light wind. Select one from the other should more be a matter
      of taste (whether you want to jibe or not).

      Hung.
    • fernmanus@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2001
        Hung,

        I agree it is a matter of taste (bidirectional vs. directional). I
        learned on a 7'1" Naish Sky Pirate. I wish that I had the option of
        learning on a bidirectional (my background is snowboarding). I am
        glad that people now have that option.