RE: [ksurfschool] Still struggling to land the foil unassisted..... ;-)

  • David Stanek
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2001
      We have on all JOJO kites the brake line guided through the bar's center
      hole (or pulley) with stopper knot on the brake line leader - position of
      this knot is set so kites go down without "funny moves" or tumbling .. With
      line guided through the center you can simply let go the bar and kite will
      still come down in controlled manner. I don't know how the brake bridles
      are trimmed and positioned on other kites but you should be able to launch
      and land foils without any assistance and in any position within wind
      window - that's one huge advantage of good foil design ( inflatables don't
      have brake bridles for stalling) ... I'm not sure if this apply to all foils
      but it works flawlessly on both WET and RAGE foils.

      Regards
      David
      www.jojokites.com