Landing a foil ?

  • Lenik Terenin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
      Does anyone have any advices about how to land a foil unassisted?

      I use a few Advance/ConceptAir kites and have no problem with
      launching them alone, but when I come to deserted part of the beach
      after session, it always become kind of a struggle. If there's a helper,
      I can bring kite down to the edge of window and let him catch it. But
      if there's noone around, kite touch the ground and starts to tumble into
      the power zone, twisting lines, and I have to run to stop it. Luckily,
      I managed to win this race so far, but who knows what might happen
      tomorrow.

      Any tips, tricks ? Thanks in advance !
    • Mel
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
        Lenik Terenin <lenik@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any advices about how to land a foil unassisted?

        Either back it down in the middle of the window, straight downwind, & then
        release it to the leash, or if you can't do that then just hover overhead &
        release it to your leash (assuming it's set up properly to completely
        depower). Then you can just attach the kiteleash to the boardleash & walk
        to the kite.