RE: [ksurfschool] unluffable kite- Stamos

  • xkites.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2001
      The camber shape was what we were tweaking the most. We decided to use
      variable density carbon/foam battens to get an ideal shape. I haven't
      received the final version yet but I was flying the a prototype of the 8.5
      today and that thing is super powerful and it turns fast. Kinsley of
      xtremebigair was stoked on the power and turning ability. We'll send him a
      production version in a few weeks so you'll be able to get an honest and
      unbiased opinion from him (he's an f-one sales rep, but he rides the
      airblast and rrd or whatever kite he likes at the moment.:)

      Best,

      Lucas

      Team windtools USA

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2001
        The truly unbiased opinions can only come from the users (people
        who pays hard earning money to buy kitesurfing equipment) and not
        the retailers, distributors nor manufacturers of kitesurfing
        equipment.

        Hung.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • xkites.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
          Actually, Hung even they exhibit bias, since there is a tendency to justify
          and self confirm ones purchase decision.
          So kitesurfers with no direct ties to the company or the product will have
          the least incentive to be biased in their opinion.
          In any case, I guess we'll have to get you to try one and let us know what
          you think:)

          Again, I'll send demos of any kite to your nearest shop upon request.

          Good Winds,

          Lucas

          windtools USA