Re: [ksurfschool] Cabarete was great!!

  • kitesrfer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001

      Glad you had a good trip. I was there about a month ago and did the moped
      commute to kite beach each day as well. It really is a great place for
      kitesurfing. I think that the winds are pretty reliable through the summer.
      Low pressure systems take away from the afternoon winds I understand but
      fortunately they don't come along that often in the summer time. The winds
      are not as high as in Maui, nor as gusty, but they do come up in the 20 to 30
      mph range almost daily, every afternoon. For starting kitesurfers as well as
      well experienced ones it is a treat to go there.

      Good winds,

      << Hung,

      I just came back from Cabarete and it could not have been better!!

      The key is to go to the kitesurfing beach which is a 2 minute moped
      ride from the main bay. That is where the kitesurfing schools
      operate. The beach there was vast, with lots of downwind potential.

      I was there fot 10 days, and it blew consistently everyday. This was
      in July. I cannot attest to the other months, but June and July are

      Even the pros from Mauii were impressed.