Leash on wakeboard- where?

  • eric_george@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hung or anyone,

      Where is the best place to attach the leash to a wakeboard? Currently
      I have the center strap attached via the binding plate bolts to the
      board, then the leash is tied to this strap. It seems like this is a
      precarious situation. Will this cause the board to sumbarine, and if
      so won't the forces rip these little bolt inserts out?

      BTW I am using an O'brien AMP 145- flat rocker, and straight rails,
      this board get bad reviews as a wakeboard, but should be great for
      kiting. I have added additional fins on the edges.

      Anyway, any suggestions for the leash other than "no leash"????
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
        It will break the leash there. The board will never follow you, it'll dig in. The fin screw is the
        only place it works.

        Dwight

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
          Eric,

          I just attach the leash to a separated bolt nearest to one end of the
          board. I haven't yet spent enough time with the board to know whether
          it woreks fine. So far I have yet came out of the strap and bugee
          unintentionally yet (I use shoe with straps and bungee - no binding
          plate). This set up is probably more preferable for me around here as
          starting from September-October, you don't want to be bare footed (water
          temp can get as low as 0 celcius).

          Hung.