Re: [ksurfschool] Digest Number 357

  • Roger Mosley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2001
      --- ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There are 2 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Belmont Shores conditions?
      > From: nvr2la8@...
      > 2. PFD
      > From: "Rob" <rmay@...>
      >
      > Hey Rob, I may have a solution for you. I've been
      wearing a pfd that I got at a wakeboard/windsurfing
      shop. I can't remember the exact maker, but it does
      say " World Liberty Team " on it and has a picture of
      a palm tree and the sun. It is very low profile
      (unlike most of the pfd's out there) and works very
      well with a harness. It has 2 large zippered
      compartments on the vest (one on the front, one on the
      back). I think that it is for adding weights for
      wakeboarding(?), but you could also add additional
      foam for more flotation. I haven't had to do that b/c
      it has plenty of flotation for me and I weigh 220 lbs.
      I didn't initially want to wear one b/c I'd previously
      been a lifeguard and didn't feel like I needed it. It
      only took once getting tangled up and being dragged by
      the kite across a lake for me to change my mind. It's
      been a year since that happened, but I still wear it
      just for safety's sake. Good luck kiting.

      Roger

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/