Re: [ksurfschool] Used kite wanted

  • kevin patrick
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2000
      I am looking for a used water-relaunchable kite.
      So if anyone out there has an old rig laying around gathering dust, and
      feels motivated to completely stoke an addict out.--I'm the man.....
      Now please don't think I'm begging or anything but..........Alright
      dammit, IM begging...on my knees.... I gottu be in the air.
      My last excursion was to Lake Mead, with a surf/snowboard bro with HIS
      spanking Naishe AR5 9.5!!!!!!(but saga retold in past mail.)
      Anyway to cut to the chase....I'm so hooked and seeing as though I share
      digs with this Tease -his now daily sessions leave me on the
      beach...bummin...
      Anyone....
      Your servant in Southern Cali...(.and I wouldn't mind a reelbar
      tooo....just kiddin...)
      There is a GOD

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Farnsworth, Kenny
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2000
        Kevin,

        I know that talonsport.com has a few used rigs. They haven't been used much
        because Talon Sport just starting selling kites this year.

        Be careful when buying a used kite. Kites are delicate and they get abused.
        I have already had to repair mine a few times. The bladder is just like an
        inner tube in a bicycle tire, so expect some flats. The wing material is
        delicate on some kites. I found the Naish kites are more bomber than most.

        One other thing, as soon as you buy one kite you will want another one
        because you will go out and find that your kite is not suitable for the
        current conditions (Too much or too little wind). Unless, you live in some
        place that has the same consistent wind speeds (if that is the case, I ENVY
        YOU). You will want to add kites to your quiver on a regular basis.
        Hopefully, you and your snowboard/surfing bro. have a substantial weight
        difference. Then you can buy a different size kite and you can share the
        quiver. For example my wife weighs about 40 LBS less than me, so when I am
        using my 9.0 Naish, she can use my 7.0.

        My background is also snowboarding/skiing. Hey, I live in SLC, home of the
        world's greatest powder. This past winter we had some great powder days it
        was perfect for sick airs and gnarly cliffs.

        I don't know if there are many used reel bars available. I am hoping to get
        my first reel bar in the next week or so from Reelbar (new).

        Hope you can find your own kite soon, so that you can feed the addiction.

        Kenny
        SLC, UT

        I am looking for a used water-relaunchable kite.
        So if anyone out there has an old rig laying around gathering dust, and
        feels motivated to completely stoke an addict out.--I'm the man.....
        Now please don't think I'm begging or anything but..........Alright
        dammit, IM begging...on my knees.... I gottu be in the air.
        My last excursion was to Lake Mead, with a surf/snowboard bro with HIS
        spanking Naishe AR5 9.5!!!!!!(but saga retold in past mail.)
        Anyway to cut to the chase....I'm so hooked and seeing as though I share
        digs with this Tease -his now daily sessions leave me on the
        beach...bummin...
        Anyone....
        Your servant in Southern Cali...(.and I wouldn't mind a reelbar
        tooo....just kiddin...)
        There is a GOD

        http://im.yahoo.com/

        Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/4052/10/_/60094/_/958064585/
      • kevin patrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2000
          Thanx for the many and varied replies to my request for a used kite. With
          or without hardware.and lines.
          I am on a very limited budget but have large need to be airborne.
          Am so tired and frustrated from spending tooooo many summer afternoons
          sitting on the sand and watching!!!!!
          Please....anyone....even a torn/abused/crusty old kite.....anything..
          How about a barter/trade/????
          I am a shoemaker/cobbler and could offer custom Gypsy Travelling Shoes,
          maybe even a couple pair???
          Talk to me
          I know that somewhere,somehow,...someone of you, has an old kite, sitting
          in the garage gathering dust.
          You know you're not going to use it again. Heck no. Not with that spanking
          new AR5 15.5 Naishe water relaunchable in your arsenal.
          Bummin in California.

          http://mail.yahoo.com/
        • Mark Frasier
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 17, 2000
            on 7/17/00 9:43 AM, kevin patrick at cobblessa@... wrote:

            > Thanx for the many and varied replies to my request for a used kite. With
            > or without hardware.and lines.
            > I am on a very limited budget but have large need to be airborne.
            > Am so tired and frustrated from spending tooooo many summer afternoons
            > sitting on the sand and watching!!!!!
            > Please....anyone....even a torn/abused/crusty old kite.....anything..
            > How about a barter/trade/????
            > I am a shoemaker/cobbler and could offer custom Gypsy Travelling Shoes,
            > maybe even a couple pair???
            > Talk to me
            > I know that somewhere,somehow,...someone of you, has an old kite, sitting
            > in the garage gathering dust.
            > You know you're not going to use it again. Heck no. Not with that spanking
            > new AR5 15.5 Naishe water relaunchable in your arsenal.
            > Bummin in California.

            Hey Kevin,

            Did you try http://www.primoweb.com/kites ? They have heaps of used stuff
            cheap. It's like a classifieds page. Look under "traction" and "foils".

            Good luck,
            Mark Frasier
          • paul menta
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 17, 2000
              I have some cheap ones e-mail me direct,and we will talk,make sure you tell
              me what your budget is..........paul

              pmenta@...

              Thanx for the many and varied replies to my request for a used kite. With
              or without hardware.and lines.
              I am on a very limited budget but have large need to be airborne.
              Am so tired and frustrated from spending tooooo many summer afternoons
              sitting on the sand and watching!!!!!
              Please....anyone....even a torn/abused/crusty old kite.....anything..
              How about a barter/trade/????
              I am a shoemaker/cobbler and could offer custom Gypsy Travelling Shoes,
              maybe even a couple pair???
              Talk to me
              I know that somewhere,somehow,...someone of you, has an old kite, sitting
              in the garage gathering dust.
              You know you're not going to use it again. Heck no. Not with that spanking
              new AR5 15.5 Naishe water relaunchable in your arsenal.
              Bummin in California.

              http://mail.yahoo.com/

              Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
              1. Fill in the brief application