Re: [ksurfschool] First time flying my new Naish AR5 13.5

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2001
      Anton Potgieter <apotgieter@...> wrote:

      > parking it is just asking for trouble.

      That reminds me. If you have to hover ("parking" is usually used in
      reference to steady state RIDING), do it low over the surface, so you have a
      better chance of relaunching (as well as a better chance to PREVENT luffing
      on land, since you can more quickly retension the lines by stepping back).

      > it ... is pretty steady in a nice constant wind.

      I think the thing about light wind is that there's a much bigger difference
      between 2 gusting to 5 knots, than between 10 gusting to 20.

      > I am 80kg, and I reckon the kite works well up to about 15 knots.

      Keep in mind I'm only 62kg, & I don't have time to check the 1windsurf
      archives right now, but I was on my 13.5 on the following dates: 11/22/00,
      11/24, 12/19, 12/27, & 01/01/01