Re: [ksurfschool] 171 liquidforce picklefork

  • Dave Raue
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2001
      As a beginner your problems will be more with keeping the kite where you
      want it, keeping you where you want to be, staying oriented right and doing
      all this while dealing with bindings. When you do a nose-over (which you
      will) or get spun onto your back your beginner kite skills won't make things
      easier. It's just a very unforgiving set-up to learn, and one that all the
      wakeboard skills in the world won't help very much. Of course anything CAN
      be done if you're patient enough. It's just twice as hard and would take
      twice as long to get to the same point.

      That said, the 171 is a decent size wakeboard. I'd strongly urge you to put
      straps on it to learn, at least for while. When you get the waterstart
      wired put the bindings back on. The learning curve is pretty fast, at some
      point it all just clicks. You want to minimize the time that this takes.

      -D

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2001
        That depends on where you live. At the beach, I have seen a sponsored pro wakeboarder jump on his
        first day with a kite in his hands. He didn't need a bigger wakeboard, he used the one he always
        rides with behind his boat.

        Start with a Free Air or R3 kite and you my be able to do it. The problem for you will be the power
        you need to stay on your feet with the small wakeboard. You will need to be very good with the kite
        before you try it. You could get yourself or spectators hurt trying to ride with the power needed
        and that would be bad.

        If you have a boat to take you to the middle of a lake, where you can't hurt anybody but yourself,
        then maybe you'll want to try. The pro wakeboard learned on a private beach with nobody around that
        could get hurt.

        I know one guy with the 11.0 flying it two line, and he uses a 30" bar. If you 4 line the kite or
        buy the 2001 11.5 model then the 24" bar will work

        Dwight