Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Foils and gusty wind NOT A myth!

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 7 4:36 AM
      Actually, the issue Kenny raised is that after staying in the water
      during a lull for a while (let's say 10 minutes of less than 5 knots),
      most closed-cells foil or Arc would absorb so much water that would
      render them un-relauncheable when the wind pick up. This is more to do
      with the ability of the kite keeping the water out. I notice that
      modern closed cell foils float better and are constructed better allow
      them to stay on the water longer.

      I had only one experience with the Arc kiteskiing in the winter in very
      light wind. We could relaunch foil easily (both LE up and LE down) and
      could not relaunch the Arc in that light wind (LE down).

      P.S., I am very intrigued about the novelty of the Arc and always try to
      think of a reason to buy one. I select inflatable for its reliable
      water relaunch and decent performance; I select a foil for higher
      performance/higher jump and light wind. Can someone shred a light why
      would I buy/try an Arc (stacking for light wind is not it as it sounds
      pretty complex and difficult)

      Hung.