Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Reel Leash Extended Mileage Report

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
      <eric_george@...> wrote:

      > I just saw a picture of the reel leash. It looks like it would it
      > would be good for one direction only. Doesn't it cause a strange pull
      > or get in the way after the jibe?

      NOT AT ALL!! It's so unobtrusive that the first few times I was using it
      I'd suddenly freak out, realizing there was no pull of the leash dragging in
      the water, & quickly look down & go "WHEW!!". In other words, it has LESS
      pull than a regular leash dragging in the water. It IS fastened to one hip,
      & the only time I notice it is when I wrap my harness the wrong way around
      my rolled up kite, & it's tough to fit in the bag.

      When I first skimmed your above text, I thought you were meaning for
      directionals only, which reminded me to point out that it does work great
      with twintip/wake style boards also.