RE: [ksurfschool] Reel Leash Extended Mileage Report

  • Geppy Piloni
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2001
      At 11.29 08/06/2001 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hi Mel,
      >
      >Can you point us to a retailer?
      >Is reel leash the brand name?
      >Searching only found the dog type reel leashes... Did you adapt one of
      >those?
      >
      >Cheers,
      > Greg

      I don't know if Mel is talking about this reel leash, but I found this one
      on the net:

      http://www.northshoreinc.com/Kite%20Accessories.html

      Ciao
      --
      Giuseppe Piloni
      pilonig@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2001
        Geppy Piloni <pilonig@...> wrote:

        > I don't know if Mel is talking about this reel leash, but I found this one
        > on the net:
        >
        > http://www.northshoreinc.com/Kite%20Accessories.html

        That's the one!! That website has all the distributor contact info, so you
        can ask them for your nearest dealer.

        Mel
      • eric_george@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
          I just saw a picture of the reel leash. It looks like it would it
          would be good for one direction only. Doesn't it cause a strange pull
          or get in the way after the jibe? In the picture it is installed near
          the right hip.

          --- In ksurfschool@y..., Mel <kitebord@p...> wrote:
          > It still functions like new, even though I've been VERY careful to
          ignore &
          > neglect it in every way possible (sandy water in shorepound,
          tripping &
          > falling on it in dry sand while it's still wet, dropping my whole
          > kite/bar/harness bundle Reel side down, never rinsing it, not even
          in clean
          > salt water, let alone fresh water, etc....).
          >
          > I forgot to include this in my twin-tip comments:
          >
          > Having now used the Reel Leash with a twin tip myself, I can
          personally
          > vouch for its perfect function (even better than on a directional).
          >
          > Mel
        • Mel
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
            <eric_george@...> wrote:

            > I just saw a picture of the reel leash. It looks like it would it
            > would be good for one direction only. Doesn't it cause a strange pull
            > or get in the way after the jibe?

            NOT AT ALL!! It's so unobtrusive that the first few times I was using it
            I'd suddenly freak out, realizing there was no pull of the leash dragging in
            the water, & quickly look down & go "WHEW!!". In other words, it has LESS
            pull than a regular leash dragging in the water. It IS fastened to one hip,
            & the only time I notice it is when I wrap my harness the wrong way around
            my rolled up kite, & it's tough to fit in the bag.

            When I first skimmed your above text, I thought you were meaning for
            directionals only, which reminded me to point out that it does work great
            with twintip/wake style boards also.