Reel Leash Extended Mileage Report

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2001
      It still functions like new, even though I've been VERY careful to ignore &
      neglect it in every way possible (sandy water in shorepound, tripping &
      falling on it in dry sand while it's still wet, dropping my whole
      kite/bar/harness bundle Reel side down, never rinsing it, not even in clean
      salt water, let alone fresh water, etc....).

      I forgot to include this in my twin-tip comments:

      Having now used the Reel Leash with a twin tip myself, I can personally
      vouch for its perfect function (even better than on a directional).

      Mel
    • Greg Finlay
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2001
        Hi Mel,

        Can you point us to a retailer?
        Is reel leash the brand name?
        Searching only found the dog type reel leashes... Did you adapt one of
        those?

        Cheers,
        Greg

        It still functions like new, even though I've been VERY
        careful to ignore &
        neglect it in every way possible (sandy water in shorepound,
        tripping &
        falling on it in dry sand while it's still wet, dropping my
        whole
        kite/bar/harness bundle Reel side down, never rinsing it,
        not even in clean
        salt water, let alone fresh water, etc....).

        I forgot to include this in my twin-tip comments:

        Having now used the Reel Leash with a twin tip myself, I can
        personally
        vouch for its perfect function (even better than on a
        directional).

        Mel

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Geppy Piloni
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2001
          At 11.29 08/06/2001 -0400, you wrote:
          >Hi Mel,
          >
          >Can you point us to a retailer?
          >Is reel leash the brand name?
          >Searching only found the dog type reel leashes... Did you adapt one of
          >those?
          >
          >Cheers,
          > Greg

          I don't know if Mel is talking about this reel leash, but I found this one
          on the net:

          http://www.northshoreinc.com/Kite%20Accessories.html

          Ciao
          --
          Giuseppe Piloni
          pilonig@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2001
            Geppy Piloni <pilonig@...> wrote:

            > I don't know if Mel is talking about this reel leash, but I found this one
            > on the net:
            >
            > http://www.northshoreinc.com/Kite%20Accessories.html

            That's the one!! That website has all the distributor contact info, so you
            can ask them for your nearest dealer.

            Mel
          • eric_george@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
              I just saw a picture of the reel leash. It looks like it would it
              would be good for one direction only. Doesn't it cause a strange pull
              or get in the way after the jibe? In the picture it is installed near
              the right hip.

              --- In ksurfschool@y..., Mel <kitebord@p...> wrote:
              > It still functions like new, even though I've been VERY careful to
              ignore &
              > neglect it in every way possible (sandy water in shorepound,
              tripping &
              > falling on it in dry sand while it's still wet, dropping my whole
              > kite/bar/harness bundle Reel side down, never rinsing it, not even
              in clean
              > salt water, let alone fresh water, etc....).
              >
              > I forgot to include this in my twin-tip comments:
              >
              > Having now used the Reel Leash with a twin tip myself, I can
              personally
              > vouch for its perfect function (even better than on a directional).
              >
              > Mel
            • Mel
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 12, 2001
                <eric_george@...> wrote:

                > I just saw a picture of the reel leash. It looks like it would it
                > would be good for one direction only. Doesn't it cause a strange pull
                > or get in the way after the jibe?

                NOT AT ALL!! It's so unobtrusive that the first few times I was using it
                I'd suddenly freak out, realizing there was no pull of the leash dragging in
                the water, & quickly look down & go "WHEW!!". In other words, it has LESS
                pull than a regular leash dragging in the water. It IS fastened to one hip,
                & the only time I notice it is when I wrap my harness the wrong way around
                my rolled up kite, & it's tough to fit in the bag.

                When I first skimmed your above text, I thought you were meaning for
                directionals only, which reminded me to point out that it does work great
                with twintip/wake style boards also.