Re: My next board?

  • fernmanus@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2001
      Jeremy,

      I never bothered to learn how to jibe and you definitely don't have
      to learn.

      You can get footstraps on almost any bidirectional board. However, I
      recommend getting a simple sandal binding with heelstraps. This will
      give you more control, yet you can come out of them easily in a
      crash. The sandals from Nice are excellent.

      As far as a board goes, stay away from floaty boards. You want a
      board that will allow you to edge. I recommend trying an oversized
      bidirectional (around 5'6") I like the Lightwave Wake-N-Style and
      RRD boards. You can get either of these boards set up with
      footstraps, sandals, or full bindings. It may take a session or two
      to get used to a bidirectional. However, the switch is well worth
      it. You are going to have so much more fun riding powered-up on a bi-
      directional compared to cruising on a 7' board.

      Kenny