seasmikize?

  • Rob May
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2001
      I am just getting into kitesurfing and have taken a few lessons on Seasmik kites.  I'm hoping to try out some of the other kites soon, and then buy a kit.

      The line setup on the Seasmik seems much safer and easier to use, at least on paper.  Will other kites work in this way, or does the kite configuration and bridle setup make this impossible?

      Thanks for any help

      Rob
    • Mel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
        Rob May <ramay@...> wrote:

        > The line setup on the Seasmik seems much safer and easier to use, at least
        on paper. Will other kites work in this way, or does the kite configuration
        and bridle setup make this impossible?

        Other 4-line sleds (Naish, Wipika, ARC, etc.) will work that way, although
        they don't depower to the same degree. I've developed some good
        do-it-yourself systems, with photos & instructions of the "intermediate"
        model, as well as photos of the "expert" model (harder to release) in the
        files section of the kitesurf yahoo group under "Mel's Stuff". I don't yet
        have instructions for the "advanced" or "expert" models. Let me know if you
        have any questions about the systems.