It's how you ride!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2001
      I received the Kiteboarding magazine today and went quickly over it. I
      noticed a few changes in the "tone" of the magazine.

      1- The magazine used to promote bi-directional board now shows a
      picture of a very young kitesurfer doing an "impossible move" using a
      standard directional board
      2- The editor's article says great things about a directional board
      rider and more or less conclude "it's not what you ride; it's how you
      ride"

      I was thinking of canceling my subscription to the magazine due to its
      biased single minded view toward bi-directional board. I will now renew
      my subscription.

      Kitesurfing has its root in directional boards (even Cory was riding a
      directional as in his own words - if I remember correctly - "wake boards
      are too slow, too unstable at speed")

      Personally, I think both directional and bi-directional boards have
      their places in kitesurfing, just don't be too concerned in what you
      ride, it's how you ride.