Harness advoce

  • pjminor_uk@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2001
      Last posting sent by mistake, sorry.

      I am just starting to kitesurf with a long board and an 11.5m FreeAir, having spent years short board windsurfing. I'm using a 7'6" long board.

      Whats the best harness and leash attachment to use ?

      For windsurfing I use a seat harness with a roller hook set quite high, as I sail in waves and have never liked chest harnesses. The roller hook doesn't seem to work as well with kites, maybe its because I have weak arms? ;)

      Is it best to attach the Board leash to my ankle or to attach it to the harness, bearing in mind that the board seems relatively heavy ? Whats the best length leash to use, 2m ?

      Any advice would be welcome.

      Thanks

      Jonathan M