free air 11 - luffing problem

  • kitesurf@hotmail.co.il
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2001
      I just switch from wipika 8.5 c to free air 11 2000 model
      the dealer recommended to get use to the kite with 2 line setup
      I fly it for 3 days in gusty wind 12-17 knts on 6'8'' directional.
      the kite luffing alot , like every 2 session I need to
      relaunch it .
      in the 8.5 c I almost didnt drop the kite at all.

      is it a setup problem ?
      will 4 line setup solve the problem ?
      is it common problem in those kite ?

      thanks for your help
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2001
        Something must be adjusted wrong. The 8.5 and 11 should fly the same. Is the
        bridle set for high winds? Maybe it needs to be set for less wind. I would
        switch it to 4 line anyway. The kite turns slow enough in 4 line that you
        should have no problem with it.

        Dwight