Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Wipika freeair2001 size confusion

  • k man
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2001
      Chris,

      The Airblast 11.8 is much more responsive than a 15.5
      AR5. The reverse launching also works as advertised.
      I have not compared the 11.8 with the new 15.5 ARX.

      Kenny

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • pjminor_uk@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2001
        Thanks but......

        My original question concerned the FreeAir NOT the Airblast. My problem lies in the fact that you don't appear to be able to compare the sizes of different kites from a given manufacturer, so an 11m FreeAir is not the same as an 11m AirBlast. (if it existed)And its therefore really hard to compare a given kite size with another manufacturer.

        Thanks for everyone's advice on this, you've helped me make up my mind . Why can't the manufacturer's get it together so that those of us who don't kitesurf yet, can buy the right kit to start with ? After all, we never had this problem with windsurfing sails, they only really vary from the stated size by about 0.5m and they are all pretty comparable.

        Thanks

        Jonathan M