Re: [ksurfschool] Glasses?

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2001
      It didn't cost me anything to try all the different brands. My eye doctor
      worked with me to find a good lens. He provided free samples of many
      different ones. The funny thing about contacts is they don't all make them
      in the same base curves. B&L makes an 8.7, but J&J may only offer a 8.6 and
      8.9 curve. Getting that perfect curve for your eye makes them stay in
      better. I don't remember all that I tried, but some covered what felt like
      most of the eye, while others just covered the cornea.

      Dwight

      > I never tried different kinds. The daily wear kind are the most
      expendable,
      > so i never saw much reason to try other kinds cause the experience gained
      > could get expensive. But it sounds like the cheapest also come out
      easiest.
      > Still, I've not yet had trouble with glasses.
      >
      > -D
    • Dave Raue
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2001
        Interesting, maybe I'll try again. My commitment to contacts is pretty low,
        I've worn glasses for at least 35 years and they don't bother really me.
        Contacts are what I use for skiing and the beach - when I can remember! But
        next time I go to eye Dr I'll take this up. That'll be in a couple years
        when my supply of disposables has been used up........

        -D