Kitesurfing info request

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2001
      I received the following info/advicee request from a park manager in
      Florida. I more or less know what to answer her but I would like to
      post it here to see what everyone thinks should be the appropriate
      answer (we can use it for future requests).

      "
      I manage a County park in Florida where Kite Surfing has become
      popular. It is a heavily
      wind-surfed park and I would like to provide a safe kite surfing launch
      area. Is there a
      standard requirement (other than clear land free of people) that I could
      follow? Preferably
      stating minimum free space requirements, etc. Appreciate any info you
      can provide. Cathie
      "

      Hung.
    • Raul F Argilagos
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2001
        Sounds like crandon park, we have 50-60 kiters on a good day, very hairy
        with all those people! Windsurfers number about 30 so it is a bunch on
        the
        water. We are formulating rules but the proximity to people is gonna wear
        thin on
        the park managers. Raul

        On Wed, 02 May 2001 19:42:29 -0400 Hung Vu <hungvu@...> writes:
        > I received the following info/advicee request from a park manager in
        > Florida. I more or less know what to answer her but I would like to
        > post it here to see what everyone thinks should be the appropriate
        > answer (we can use it for future requests).
        >
        > "
        > I manage a County park in Florida where Kite Surfing has become
        > popular. It is a heavily
        > wind-surfed park and I would like to provide a safe kite surfing
        > launch
        > area. Is there a
        > standard requirement (other than clear land free of people) that I
        > could
        > follow? Preferably
        > stating minimum free space requirements, etc. Appreciate any info
        > you
        > can provide. Cathie
        > "

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/