SlingShot bar (was Re: [ksurfschool] Big ARX Relaunching)

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 4:38 PM
      Inland Sea Windsurf Co <phil@...> wrote:

      > k man <fernmanus@...> wrote:
      > or leader material (seems rather cheap, & irreplaceable
      > at the bar end?).
      >
      > The leader line on the slingshot bars is 1200lb spectra and is very
      strong.
      > I have been using them for two seasons with no problems.

      Okay, but I still like the Airush & LongHorn better, because you can inspect
      the bar attachment points, remove the floaters (even though they're not as
      bulky to start with) & the eyelets that the leader slides through are
      smoother.

      Mel.
    • Philip Mann
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2001
        Inland Sea Windsurf Co <phil@...> wrote:

        > k man <fernmanus@...> wrote:
        > or leader material (seems rather cheap, & irreplaceable
        > at the bar end?).
        >
        > The leader line on the slingshot bars is 1200lb spectra and is very
        strong.
        > I have been using them for two seasons with no problems.

        Okay, but I still like the Airush & Longhorn better, because you can inspect
        the bar attachment points, remove the floaters (even though they're not as
        bulky to start with) & the eyelets that the leader slides through are
        smoother.

        Mel.

        I agree with you on that. I just wanted to make sure people didn't think the
        Slingshot bar was cheap as I think it is a great bar. I use both the
        Slingshot and the Airrush and very happy with both bars.

        Philip

        Inland Sea Windsurf Co and Kitesite.net
        1-888-465-2632
        1-802-862-3847