Re: [ksurfschool] Waterlaunching open-celled foils [was Re: Thebiggest Ram Air wingonmarket.]

  • Dave Raue
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2001
      Hi Hung,

      I think this needs a little perspective, especially since it's the
      'ksurfschool' group. You're right, open cell foils can be relaunched,
      sometimes. My first watersports kite was a skytiger hi-60 and I found that
      water crashes didn't mean automatic swimming. Same with carious other buggy
      kites. But let's not lead anybody into thinking for a second that
      relaunching will be anywhere as reliable as with a relaunchable. Basically
      you have to get everything exactly right AND have a bit of luck AND
      preferably a crispy new kite that sheds water AND be quite expert with
      handles. That's a lot of ANDS. This is a very different situation than,
      say, a Mossie KS kite with bladders - the trick with those is keeping them
      down!

      -Dave