Reel Bar Info. & Wakeboard observation

  • kennyfarnsworth@cs.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28 8:29 AM
      I found a company named ReelBar LLC that will start producing reels for kite
      surfing in May. I spoke with the owner, Mark Ribkoff he told me that many of
      the design elements are patented by Cory Roessler, KiteSki. The prices are
      also reasonable and it will have a safety release. For a preview of the
      product check out reelbar.com.

      Yesterday, I went out with my 9.0 Naish. Another beginning kite surfer was
      in the water with a wakeboard. He told me that using a wakeboard is a lot
      easier for him. He was able to get up and plane almost immediately after
      launching. He did not have to mess with trying to drag the board over and
      maintain the proper position. If you have wakeboarding experience and can
      ride fakie, this is probably the best way to go. Of course, you will get
      dragged down wind if you don't have a kite specific wakeboard, but all
      beginning kite surfers are dragged down wind anyway.

      Kenny
    • cyberchulo1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
        Kenny,

        Everytime I try going to the address you stated below I get
        redirected to the following site: "http://www.roar.com/client/?
        sh=1577". Do you know any other place that might have the reel
        control bars.

        Thanks,

        Cyberchulo1

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., kennyfarnsworth@c... wrote:
        > I found a company named ReelBar LLC that will start producing
        reels for kite
        > surfing in May. I spoke with the owner, Mark Ribkoff he told me
        that many of
        > the design elements are patented by Cory Roessler, KiteSki. The
        prices are
        > also reasonable and it will have a safety release. For a preview
        of the
        > product check out reelbar.com.
        >
        > Yesterday, I went out with my 9.0 Naish. Another beginning kite
        surfer was
        > in the water with a wakeboard. He told me that using a wakeboard
        is a lot
        > easier for him. He was able to get up and plane almost
        immediately after
        > launching. He did not have to mess with trying to drag the board
        over and
        > maintain the proper position. If you have wakeboarding experience
        and can
        > ride fakie, this is probably the best way to go. Of course, you
        will get
        > dragged down wind if you don't have a kite specific wakeboard, but
        all
        > beginning kite surfers are dragged down wind anyway.
        >
        > Kenny
      • Alex Tien Do
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
          Anyone knows the wind range for F-One March1
          Appreciate it

          Thanks

        • Denisesewa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
            In a message dated 7/3/2002 9:38:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
            cyberchulo1@... writes:

            > Kenny,
            >
            > Everytime I try going to the address you stated below I get
            > redirected to the following site: "http://www.roar.com/client/?
            > sh=1577". Do you know any other place that might have the reel
            > control bars.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Cyberchulo1
            > http://www.pacwave.net/reelbar.html
            http://www.maui.net/~extreme/Kite%20Accessories.html

            I hope this helps, there is another one wich will work with two, three and
            fourline kites but I cant seem to find it, I'll forward the link when I do.
            Denise

            http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html

          • Denisesewa@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
              cyberchulo1@... writes:

              > Kenny,
              >
              > Everytime I try going to the address you stated below I get
              > redirected to the following site: "http://www.roar.com/client/?
              > sh=1577". Do you know any other place that might have the reel
              > control bars.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Cyberchulo1

              and another, still cant find the one I'm thinking of though
              http://www.flowbeekite.com/

              http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html