Re: [ksurfschool] [Fwd: [cankitesurf] The biggest Ram Air wingonmarket.]

  • Dave Raue
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2001
      Fantastic!!! Why don't you come back next week to do your business and head
      back week for more youth-enhancing extreme sports??? Still plenty of room
      at the inn.....

      -D
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2001
        <cglazier@...> wrote:

        > After a long swim in yesterday with my AR5 15.5 when the wind dropped
        > below 8 knots, ....

        Sounds like you need some practice. Ideally try to find a beach where it
        blows straight offshore so you can crash & practice without even getting
        wet. You don't need to miss any good wind either. After a bunch of that in
        gradually diminishing winds I'm now able to relaunch my 7.5 in about 6
        knots, which is barely over HALF my minimum planing level. Second best
        practice site is side-on & body-drag out, then crash to practice. Worst is
        to not even practice, & then be forced to give up & swim.

        Mel
      • cglazier@home.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2001
          Yes, relaunching skill helps. And I will keep practicing.. in
          Vancouver we get lots of really light wind to practice in :-(

          I recall Don Montague saying in Kitesurf magazine that 6 knots was
          the absolute minimum for relaunching an inflatable kite. I think that
          a big foil (which is a lighter kite) with reverse launch capability
          should relaunch in even lighter wind.. maybe 3 or 4 knots?

          I don't have a really big foil. I am basing my opinion on how easy my
          New Wave 7.3 relaunches.

          Chris G