RE: [ksurfschool] [Fwd: [cankitesurf] The biggest Ram Air wing on market.]

  • David Stanek
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2001
      Bora's aspect ratios in specifications are measured from "flat" surface
      (similar as with Wipi or Nash) - from 4.63 on 2.8m2 to 5.01 on 8.5m2. JOJO
      kites RM have projected A/R 4.8 in all sizes . I think the "flat"A/R on RM
      is close to 5.7
      Still, I'm not sure how some manufacturers got the data - highest A/R on
      racing paragliders is around 5.2 with flat A/R 6.5 and all these wings look
      like "banana" compare to Nash 5.5 or other high A/R sleds.
      Projected A/R (alias "in-flight") is what really matter - that's your
      engine..

      Mark, someone found and returned one tandem hitch ( must be yours?? )just
      before we left the Roach - send me an e-mail with your address and I'll mail
      it to you.

      Regards
      David