Re: [ksurfschool] [Fwd: ReelBar Kite Control Bar]

  • Mark Frasier
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2000
      Chris,

      This, of course, is not a Usenet newsgroup, it's a mailing list. Someone
      has to pay to run the server that processes the messages. The ads at the
      bottom of Hung's and your messages are added by Egroups in order to pay for
      the cost of maintaining this list. I believe we can get rid of the ads by
      getting an exclusive sponsor for the group. I'm not sure what it costs, but
      I think it's quite reasonable. If the advertising really bothers you, you
      might want to think about sponsoring the group.

      Mark Frasier

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2000
        Chris Peters wrote:

        > What the hell is this? I would hope we will keep this newsgroup to
        > kitesurfing topics, and not post ads and junk email.

        A few points:

        1- It looks like your emailer did not receive the forwarded email. Click
        http://www.egroups.com/message/ksurfschool/132?&start=104 to view the "whole" original message.
        Please let me know (private email is better) if any other people having the same problem receiving
        the forwarded email.

        2- Since we are using Egroups' "free" service, they insert random ads automatically at the end of
        each message.

        3- To encourage people to participate, one of the policy of this mailing list is: "the atmosphere of
        the group should be casual and laid-back", so it would be nice to be relax while composing email to
        send to the group. Thanks ....