Re: [ksurfschool] [Fwd: ReelBar Kite Control Bar]

  • Chris Peters
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2000
      What the hell is this? I would hope we will keep this newsgroup to
      kitesurfing topics, and not post ads and junk email.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2000
        Chris,

        This, of course, is not a Usenet newsgroup, it's a mailing list. Someone
        has to pay to run the server that processes the messages. The ads at the
        bottom of Hung's and your messages are added by Egroups in order to pay for
        the cost of maintaining this list. I believe we can get rid of the ads by
        getting an exclusive sponsor for the group. I'm not sure what it costs, but
        I think it's quite reasonable. If the advertising really bothers you, you
        might want to think about sponsoring the group.

        Mark Frasier

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2000
          Chris Peters wrote:

          > What the hell is this? I would hope we will keep this newsgroup to
          > kitesurfing topics, and not post ads and junk email.

          A few points:

          1- It looks like your emailer did not receive the forwarded email. Click
          http://www.egroups.com/message/ksurfschool/132?&start=104 to view the "whole" original message.
          Please let me know (private email is better) if any other people having the same problem receiving
          the forwarded email.

          2- Since we are using Egroups' "free" service, they insert random ads automatically at the end of
          each message.

          3- To encourage people to participate, one of the policy of this mailing list is: "the atmosphere of
          the group should be casual and laid-back", so it would be nice to be relax while composing email to
          send to the group. Thanks ....