Re: [ksurfschool] 2 line to 4 line

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2001
      John Deane <jdeane@...> wrote:

      > I've been not to use a 4 line bar - it's not necessary as this year the
      > lines run from the harness. Does this sound right?

      If your question is:
      "Can you use a 2-line bar with a 4-line inflatable/sled if you attach the
      front lines directly to the harness?"
      Then the answer is yes. That is what I do. There are photos in the
      kitesurf group files.

      > What should the
      > difference in line lengths be?

      I don't have any specific numbers, but for an AR5 a good starting point is
      with the lines equal length at the middle of the adjustment. Since I have
      about 13" of adjustment, with about 2 FEET of sheeting range at ANY setting,
      a few inches off in either direction doesn't matter much, so I haven't
      needed to pay that much attention to the exact measurements.