Re: [ksurfschool] Beginner board advice

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2001
      <hyperboutlife@...> wrote:

      > I have been wakeboarding for 13 yrs and snowboarding for
      > 7...and all i could do last fall at Hatterus was go down wind on my
      > wakeboard...

      It's ALL in the kite. I've read that good wakeboarders who get sufficient
      kite practice first have no problem (& I believe it). I spent over 30 hours
      with the kite in the air ( before & after work) before trying to get on a
      board, & so I only had to walk upwind about 8 times (5 days). Guys who
      started a month before I even got my kite were asking me for tips after my
      first week on the water.