RE: [ksurfschool] Stoked on Kitesurfing

  • Farnsworth, Kenny
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2000
      Kevin & Troy,

      20-25 knots on a 9.5 Naish AR5!!! I am surprised you could hang on. I went
      out body dragging in that 25 - 30 knots on a 5.0 Naish AR3 and it pulled me
      out of the water several times. I am also taking it slow and easy. The
      power of a traction kite is truly awesome. I lost a 5.0 on a local
      reservoir and it took me over an hour to swim to the shore and retrieve the
      kite - what a mess of tangled lines. I also have a 9.0 Naish AR3 and I just
      ordered a Concept Air New Wave 9.3 for light winds.

      Have you seen the Air Rush video? IT ROCKS!

      I want a reel for the same reason. The great thing about using a boat is
      that you can go downwind without having to hike back. It also is handy for
      relaunching on a light wind day. I also understand that you can also use a
      regular wakeboard if you don't mind going downwind. The only two reels I
      have seen are the Kiteski (w/o a safety release, but you can build one) and
      Hawaiian Pro Line (I don't know if this has a safety release, but I am going
      to find out). I will let you know when I learn more.

      Kenny
      SLC, UT