Re: [ksurfschool] Control Bar Reel

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2000
      kennyfarnsworth@... wrote:

      > I am interested in purchasing a control bar with a reel. I have
      > scoured the Internet and I have only found 1 reel from Kiteski. I
      > understand that this reel does not have a safety release. I want to
      > use a reel because I plan on launching from a boat on a frequent
      > basis. Can anyone give me a good lead on a reel?
      > Thank you.

      I have use a KiteSki reel bar with my Wipika 5.0 and 8.5 m2 for a year now and love it. The reel
      bar is useful if you do not have a lot of space to launch your Wipika/Naish kite. It's also useful
      if you want to launch the Wipika/Naish all by yourself.

      I am not sure how easy it is to launch the Wipika/Naish kite with a reel bar standing on a boat.
      You may have to jump in the water and then release your line to 10+ m before launching your kite?

      Hawaian Proline also make a reel bar.

      If you use a reel bar with a Wipika/Naish kite, make sure you have a safety release system. Check
      the safety section of my site for the instruction to build one.

      Hung.
    • Farnsworth, Kenny
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2000
        Hung Vu,

        Thank you for the information on a reel. I will take your advice and build
        my own safety release. By the way, I really appreciate the information on
        your site. It has been very helpful for me in learning about the sport of
        kitesurfing. I can't wait to go out and rip!

        > I am interested in purchasing a control bar with a reel. I have
        > scoured the Internet and I have only found 1 reel from Kiteski. I
        > understand that this reel does not have a safety release. I want to
        > use a reel because I plan on launching from a boat on a frequent
        > basis. Can anyone give me a good lead on a reel?
        > Thank you.

        I have use a KiteSki reel bar with my Wipika 5.0 and 8.5 m2 for a year now
        and love it. The reel
        bar is useful if you do not have a lot of space to launch your Wipika/Naish
        kite. It's also useful
        if you want to launch the Wipika/Naish all by yourself.

        I am not sure how easy it is to launch the Wipika/Naish kite with a reel bar
        standing on a boat.
        You may have to jump in the water and then release your line to 10+ m before
        launching your kite?

        Hawaian Proline also make a reel bar.

        If you use a reel bar with a Wipika/Naish kite, make sure you have a safety
        release system. Check
        the safety section of my site for the instruction to build one.

        Get the gang back together! With 4.4 million alumni already
        registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll find them
        here. Find your friends-again:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/3141/6/_/60094/_/956673377/