re: c-quads

  • Peter Halt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      Message: 16
      Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:42:35 -0500
      From: "Mark Frasier" <brockus@...>
      Subject: Re: c-quad

      Do you use the thick 8.5 spar that breaks down in your
      4.2 and 6.3?
      I notice all the new c-quads have pockets sewn in for
      floatation tubes, including the 1.4. Have you ever
      used the tubes for kitesurfing? OR do you just keep
      the kite in the air? : )

      The 1.4 is nice, flies like a rev in high winds.
      Really sturdy, with heavy bridle. Pretty
      indestructable, and I think it cost me less than $100.
      Way faster than my HI-15 skytiger.

      Not making it to SBBB this year. Next year though,
      I've never buggied in the desert. Skiing in
      Switzerland this spring (cheaper than colorado!).
      I am moving to Mount Shasta, CA in June,
      lots of windy lakes, 4 hrs north of Reno, SF, Riovista
      and all that wind. Best back country skiing,
      flyfishing, and white water rafting.
      I may get up to Lake Champlain this spring for some KS
      before I go. My grandparents live right on the lake
      in upstate NY. Let me know if you ever come down
      towards Nahant, or if any of the KONE boys head up
      your way.
      Peter

      >>I've put a 8.5 LE (thicker) in my 4.2 and will
      >>someday get around to doing the same with the 6.3. I
      >>thikn it's almost necessary for kitesurfing
      >>and IMO allows a better tune (faster & more depower)
      >>even for buggying or skiing. I might consider
      >>leaving a thin LE spar in the 6.3 if that was my
      >>biggest kite and I used it mostly for buggying.

      >>I have one of the open bags but I prefer the old
      >>style, except for the big kites with the ferruled
      >>LE. I use the standard bag even with a thicker spar.

      > I just bought 3 c-quads, a 1.4, 8.5 and 10.5 from
      > Leading Edge Kites in Australia, had them within a
      > week without problems for less than the price of a
      > high performance foil. And significantly less than
      > the US vendors. I will get my ARCs there when I
      bite

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/