Re: [ksurfschool] Wind range table

  • Mark Frasier
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 9, 2001
      > There could be "psychological" reasons as you normally don't want to go
      > too fast on regular skates ;-)
      >
      > Hung.

      Maybe for the first hour or two - they certainly felt a little squirley to
      start, but eventually I got pretty comfortable and now I definately push
      speed to the max on skates (at least in light wind). The best technique
      seems to be to keep one foot in front of the other to give yourself some
      "pitch stability". But even forgetting about that, just looking at the
      tracks it's pretty obvious. The skates leave a small amount of ice shavings
      on the leeward side of tracks when ever they're layed over sideways. The
      cutoffs just leave a very fine line with no "wake" :) I've tried both many
      times and I'm pretty sure about this. The touring skates seem to be the best
      of both worlds, except they don't have the ability to go over snow drifts.

      Mark Frasier