Re: [ksurfschool] Naish 7.0 or 9.0

  • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
      Gary,
      It is terribly unfair for you to email the group and to say hurtful things like,
      "The winds here in Oahu..."

      I didn't realise that places like the Hawaiian Islands existed and I thought
      that this is where people went when they died. I thought all the 'photos' in
      the magazines are computer generated from dreams people have when they
      experience 'near death'. The 'tunnel of light' is the light streaming in to
      the wave when viewed from inside the tube!

      Cheers for your advice
      Martyn

      garys@... on 06-Apr-2000 11:35

      Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

      To: ksurfschool
      cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] Naish 7.0 or 9.0

      It all depends on where you live and the wind you get and a few other
      factors, like what type of board, etc..
      I bought a Naish 7.0 because I was new, and I haven't had the opportunity to
      use it with my wake board yet.. The winds here on Oahu are usually from 8 to
      15 mph as well, and being 200 pounds with a wake board, I needed something a
      lot stronger... I did end up buying a mosquito 9+ which is a foil and is
      water relaunchable.. No swimming back in for me :)
      If I could do it over again, I would have one kite and that would be the
      naish 11.5 and if the winds pick up, you shorten your lines (I have 20,30,
      and 40m line sets).. You can fly a bigger kite with shorter lines making it
      more affordable to where you only need one kite and not two like I have
      right now...
      I would definitely stick with a Naish though.. Very easy to control for
      beginning.. :)
      Good luck and aloha
      Gary