Re: [ksurfschool] Naish 7.0 or 9.0

  • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
      Interesting response. I am learning at the moment and I purchased a 7m Naish.
      I thought that this would be a good compromise. The Naish kites are nice and
      are easy to hold on to when the wind picks up. If you get a 9M you will
      probably have to get a second, smaller kite as well which becomes expensive.

      It is very difficult to suggest what you should buy. The best advice would be
      to have a go of a kite, preferably a couple of different kites, e.g. a foil and
      a Naish and then compare. A foil is far more powerful and has a better wind
      window but ditch it and your swimming in. However, I have found that when
      learning it is best not to go into deep water and because of this you rarely
      ditch the kite, especially if you can fly it well on land.

      As I said I went for the 7m Naish and I am 85kg. My brother is 105Kg and
      struggled with my 7m in about 10-13 knots of wind, I mean he really has to throw
      it around to waterstart and then couldn't stay on because lack of power.

      If you are certain that you can get these constant winds of 8-15 knots then the
      9m would be good. But learning becomes easier when the wind is in the high range
      for the kite. If I had my choice again I would still stay with the 7m. Most of
      my mates have also compromised and got 6.5m wipikas which they are happy with,
      it depends on the wind coniditions and what you are going to get down the beach
      each time you go.

      jrstudio@... on 06-Apr-2000 09:38

      Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

      To: ksurfschool
      cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] Naish 7.0 or 9.0

      9.0

      @Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
      Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now:
      http://click.egroups.com/1/2345/6/_/60094/_/955013938/
    • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
        Gary,
        It is terribly unfair for you to email the group and to say hurtful things like,
        "The winds here in Oahu..."

        I didn't realise that places like the Hawaiian Islands existed and I thought
        that this is where people went when they died. I thought all the 'photos' in
        the magazines are computer generated from dreams people have when they
        experience 'near death'. The 'tunnel of light' is the light streaming in to
        the wave when viewed from inside the tube!

        Cheers for your advice
        Martyn

        garys@... on 06-Apr-2000 11:35

        Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

        To: ksurfschool
        cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)

        It all depends on where you live and the wind you get and a few other
        factors, like what type of board, etc..
        I bought a Naish 7.0 because I was new, and I haven't had the opportunity to
        use it with my wake board yet.. The winds here on Oahu are usually from 8 to
        15 mph as well, and being 200 pounds with a wake board, I needed something a
        lot stronger... I did end up buying a mosquito 9+ which is a foil and is
        water relaunchable.. No swimming back in for me :)
        If I could do it over again, I would have one kite and that would be the
        naish 11.5 and if the winds pick up, you shorten your lines (I have 20,30,
        and 40m line sets).. You can fly a bigger kite with shorter lines making it
        more affordable to where you only need one kite and not two like I have
        right now...
        I would definitely stick with a Naish though.. Very easy to control for
        beginning.. :)
        Good luck and aloha
        Gary

        http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/6/_/60094/_/955017356/