Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Airblast 8.4 or Naish AR5 11.5

  • kiteboard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2001
      In a message dated 2/5/01 1:50:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, hungvu@...
      writes:

      << Rider weight and kite size are directly proportional >>

      That would be very nice, if true (are you sure?).
      Rider weight & sailboard sail size are NOT directly proportional, so it's
      virtually impossible to calculate. This new rule would mean kite size is
      much easier to figure.

      Mel
    • tiasimo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2001
        Thank you very much!!!

        I think I´ll go for the 11.8, but i´m a bit scared of learning with
        such a huge kite.

        > Kenny is right, I am 125 lbs and I use my AR5 11.5 (equivalent to
        the
        > AirBlast 8.4 according to the table posted by Chris a few days
        back -
        > have you got that table in HTML yet Chris?) for roughly the same
        wind
        > range.
        >
        > Rider weight and kite size are directly proportional (11.8*125/175 =
        > 8.4)
        >
        > For example, for the same wind range a 200 lbs person would need a
        > 11.8*200/175 = 13.4 AirBlast (if they make it ;-)
        >
        > Hung.
        >
        > "Farnsworth, Kenny" wrote:
        > >
        > > It depends on your body weight. I weight 175 LBS (80 kg). The
        11.8 is the
        > > perfect size kite to cover 10 - 18 knots for a person my size.
        Hung and Mel
        > > would probably want the smaller size.
        > >
        > > Kenny

      • Farnsworth, Kenny
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2001
          You will be okay as long as you use good common sense. Start on a light
          wind day 8 - 10 knots and learn how to handle the kite before going out on
          days when the wind is strong.