Re: Big kites & marketing "mistakes??", was Re: [ksurfschool] Help - I'm confused !!!...

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      Mark Frasier wrote:
      > I'm curious - why haven't you ordered a custom kite? Is it a lot more
      > expensive?
      >
      > Did you ever hear from Stefano about his 12.5 CQ?

      I had some high-end custom sport equipment made for me 15 years ago and
      my brain has learned to associate the word "custom" with "guinea pig".
      I have to somehow cross this psychological barrier :-)

      Besides, I am more a less a "community person" trying to improve the
      sport and going custom may not be the answer.

      I have yet heard anything about his 12.5 CQ. Did he post anything
      interesting on the kitesurf group?

      > You know, I just realized something - when the C Quads first came out the
      > biggest size planned was a 6.3. Now 8.5s are common and they also make 10.5s
      > and 12.5s. Same story with Peels. Other companies do the same thing, too
      > (Quadrifoil springs to mind).
      >
      > Maybe we will see bigger Arcs (et. al.) in the next batch, especially if
      > people make the demand known to the manufacturers. 10 people bobbing in the
      > water wishing for a bigger kite are not worth one who writes to the people
      > who need to hear it - especially if the manufacturers are in windy Maui or
      > wherever....

      C-Quad 12.5 is still very much a custom kite.

      I would introduce them differently: bigger size first, smaller size
      latter.

      The vendors should also monitor the discussion on various kitesurfing
      groups if they are good marketeers (it looks like the inflatable kite
      vendors did their homework - and some of them are in windy Maui ;-)

      Hung.
    • mdelliott@waco.expresspersonnel.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
        Anyone using the 12m Flysurfer Speed Air. How does it compare with
        the big Naish and Wipikas