Re: [ksurfschool] Help - I'm confused !!!...

  • Mark Frasier
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
      From: "Hung Vu" <hungvu@...>
      To: <ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 6:46 PM
      Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] Help - I'm confused !!!...

      > So what "stop" Peter and the foil vendors from mass producing them
      > (kites larger than 10m2 and smaller than 30 m2)?

      You know, I just realized something - when the C Quads first came out the
      biggest size planned was a 6.3. Now 8.5s are common and they also make 10.5s
      and 12.5s. Same story with Peels. Other companies do the same thing, too
      (Quadrifoil springs to mind).

      Maybe we will see bigger Arcs (et. al.) in the next batch, especially if
      people make the demand known to the manufacturers. 10 people bobbing in the
      water wishing for a bigger kite are not worth one who writes to the people
      who need to hear it - especially if the manufacturers are in windy Maui or
      wherever....

      Mark Frasier
    • kiteboard@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
        In a message dated 2/1/01 9:16:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, hungvu@...
        writes:

        << Even the largest Arc is only 8.4 m2 projected surface. >>

        My chart shows it's not even that big, (only 8.0). I think they revised the
        sizes recently to more accurately reflect the correct projected areas.