Re: [ksurfschool] Fwd: [ksurf] PL Arc 630 - beautiful kite

  • kiteboard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2001
      In a message dated 1/30/01 6:52:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, hungvu@...
      writes:

      << does this kite has the same low-end power as your AR5 7.5? I
      remember reading somewhere that you used your 7.5 down to around 10
      knots? >>

      I've definitely been on the water at Cabrillo with my 7.5AR5 many times when
      the windtalker is reading 12mph (& sometimes even less). I just
      double-checked iwindsurf.com for Seal Beach yesterday (closest site to where
      we were), keeping in mind it's generally a little stronger there, than at
      Long Beach. The graph is at
      http://iwindsurf.zulusports.com/windandwhere.iws?siteID=209&archiveMonth=01&ar

      chiveDay=29&archiveYear=2001&archiveSearch=Go&Isection=Wind+Archive®ionID=1

      3&geographicalAreaID=30

      You can see that it was only averaging 16mph (<14 knots) for two brief
      periods, & was mostly around 14mph (12 knots). Like I said above, it may
      have been even less, since that anemometer is not right at the site, and I'm
      not as familiar with the way it reads. I was working the kite nearly all the
      time, but it was FAR less effort to do so than it is with my Naish. I'll try
      to find out exactly what the other "upwinder" was riding, & his weight, but I
      know how the guy I carpooled with rides, & he was unable to stay to windward
      on his big board & 13.5, which usually means I'd be having trouble with my
      7.5 too.

      I'll post more as soon as I get another chance to ride the ARC (the very next
      time there's wind) which will most likely be at Cabrillo. I'll try to ride
      until it drops to where I can't "park" the kite, & then check the readings
      for that time.