[ksurfschool] Re: Canary Island

  • Ariel Mas
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2000

      Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 6:45 AM
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Re: Canary Island

      Hi,
      unfortunately I do not know much about kitesurfing in Tenerife or Lanzarote.
      Even though there are probably a few good location, these islands are not renown
      for their watersports, more for their party atmosphere.

      I have been to Fueterventura on a few occasions and this is the Canary island
      where you want to go.  There is a beach called flag beach which is very famous
      for world championship speed windsurfing.  The conditions are ideal.  Very long
      sandy beach with a huge lagoon that is always flat.  It is on the East coast
      about 3/4 of the way south.  You can also catch a ferry to the island from
      Tenerife as they are very near to each other.

      I am hoping to go again, this time taking my kite surfing equipment.  It is
      ideal for learning and there is always wind, hence it's not extremely popular
      with people wanting to sun bathe.

      This is the place for all water sports especially Windsurfing and kitesurfing.
      I hope this helps
      Martyn

      arielmas@... on 13-Mar-2000 20:39

      Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

      To:   ksurfschool
      cc:    (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      Subject:  [ksurfschool] Canary Island

      Does anybody know about Kitesurfing ( schools, banned areas, ...) in Tenerife
      and Gran Canaria?

      Thanks to all

      Install today:
      http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/5/_/60094/_/952980089/